This frozen Aperol Spritz is an extra refreshing twist on everyone's favorite citrusy and perfectly bitter drink of the summer.
Once the weather starts to get a little bit warmer, my go-to cocktail is immediately an Aperol Spritz! There's something about them that just screams summer, and they're the perfect combination of fizz, orange flavor, and the classic Aperol bite. The original version is really perfect as-is, but one of my favorite things when the weather starts to get warmer is to find a frozen version of all of the cocktail faves.
While a frozen spritz may sound counterintuitive, this frozen slushy-like drink is inspired by the classic cocktail, with the usual ingredients, just with a frozen and extra fun twist. Similar to frose or a frozen marg, this take on a classic is one of our favorite ways to mix up a summery drink that will also be sure to cool you off.
If you're looking for another cocktail recipe, be sure to try our Pumpkin Spice Martini with Whipped Cream, or if you're looking for another fruity drink, you have to give this Blueberry Mocktail a try.
Why You'll Love this Frozen Aperol Spritz
It tastes so similar to a regular Aperol Spritz! If a spritz is one of your go-to cocktails then you will love how similar this frozen version tastes.
It's a super quick and fun recipe. This frozen cocktail is ready in a total of 10 minutes, making it a great last minute drink idea or an easy idea to keep in mind on a hot day.
It's the prettiest! While this may just seem like an added bonus, this pretty and bright-colored cocktail would be the perfect addition to any party or barbecue.
Ingredients for this Frozen Aperol Spritz
This drink uses a total of seven ingredients, including the ice and garnishes. With a simple list of ingredients, it makes this easy to make cocktail even easier.
- Frozen mango - The secret ingredients which helps to thicken this frozen drink up and add a little sweetness without being overpowering.
- Aperol - Of course!
- Prosecco - Adds the best fizz which is still noticeable even though this is a frozen drink.
- Club soda - Also adds a little fizz while remaining true to the classic cocktail!
- Fresh orange juice - I love adding freshly squeezed orange juice to make sure the orange flavor still comes through even with the mango.
- Ice - To make this frozen drink perfectly frozen and thick!
- Orange or clementine slices - Orange slices work great but I also love cutting up a clementine for a more petite and vibrantly colored garnish.
See recipe card below for quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
Once you have all the ingredients this spritz couldn't be easier.
STEP 1: Blend the mango and Aperol. Add mango and Aperol to a blender and blend until mango is just pureed.
STEP 2: Incorporate the other ingredients. Add prosecco, club soda, and orange juice to the blender, blending until just incorporated.
STEP 3: Blend in the ice. Add ice and blend until just crushed.
STEP 4: Pour into glasses and garnish. Divide between two cocktail glasses and top with orange or clementine slices if desired. Drink immediately and enjoy!
Tips for Making this Frozen Aperol Spritz
- Make sure the mango is pureed and smooth before adding the other ingredients as you don't want large chunks remaining.
- I recommend adding both the prosecco and club soda to ensure the fizz comes through despite this drink being blended and frozen.
- It's key to add the ice last and blend it separately from the other ingredients! This will make the drink perfectly thick and frozen, and not too watery.
I don't like mango, can you taste it?
Nope! I really don't think the flavor comes through very strongly at all, thanks to the Aperol and fresh orange juice.
Can this recipe be made into a larger batch?
Yes I think this recipe can definitely be multiplied for a larger crowd!
Doesn't blending the prosecco and club soda get rid of the carbonation?
Personally I think you can definitely still notice the fizziness even after blending it since it is only blended briefly!
Storing and Freezing
This cocktail can be made in advance but you'll want to immediately pop it in the freezer if you aren't serving it right away. Once you're ready to serve it, remove it from the freezer and if it's very frozen let it thaw until it's pourable again.
If you make this recipe we would absolutely love if you left a star review and/or comment! Also, make sure to tag us on Instagram @doublethespoonfuls so we can see what you create.
Frozen Aperol Spritz
- 2 cups mango frozen
- 6 ounces Aperol
- 2 ounces prosecco
- 2 ounces club soda
- juice of half an orange
- 2 cups ice
- orange or clementine slices for garnish
Add mango and Aperol to a blender and blend until mango is just pureed.2 cups mango, 6 ounces Aperol
Add prosecco, club soda, and orange juice to the blender, blending until just incorporated.2 ounces prosecco, 2 ounces club soda, juice of half an orange
Add ice and blend until just crushed.2 cups ice
Divide between two cocktail glasses and top with orange or clementine slices if desired. Drink immediately and enjoy!orange or clementine slices