This apple cider slushie is a spiced fall drink with frozen apple cider, Aperol, prosecco, and some simple autumn garnishes! Ready in just 10 minutes, this fun and fast cocktail recipe tastes just as delicious as it looks.
If you loved our summery Frozen Aperol Spritz, then you will be obsessed with this Frozen Aper-fall Spritz just in time for autumn! It has the best consistency, frozen but still pourable, and all the flavors of fall. Between the apple cider, some cinnamon and ground cloves, and some apple slices, it tastes just like autumn! We also included the Aperol Spritz classic ingredients, and we think you'll also love the way the Aperol flavor pairs with the apple cider.
This easy 10 minute cocktail would be the perfect pairing with fall food, or the best easy drink to make for game day, pumpkin carving, or any other autumn gathering! For a party, it would also be an easy recipe to make into a bigger batch. Grab some apple slices and cinnamon sticks and you've got the cutest cocktail to add to your fall bucket list.
If you're looking for another fall cocktail recipe, we think you'll love our Pumpkin Spice Martini with Whipped Cream, or if you're looking for some fall food to pair with this drink, our warm and cozy Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup would be perfect!
Why You'll Love this Apple Cider Slush
- It has the best apple spiced flavor. Apple cider in the fall is the best, and with the addition of some spices, this frozen drink tastes just like autumn.
- It's ready in just 10 minutes. There's nothing like a quick cocktail, and this one couldn't be simpler as everything is blended together at once.
- It's a fun Aperol recipe! If you love the flavors of a classic Aperol Spritz, then we think you'll love how well the apple cider flavor pairs with the orange flavor of the Aperol.
Ingredients for this Frozen Cocktail
This frozen drink has a simple ingredients list including two ground spices which you may already have in your cabinet!
- Frozen apple cider cubes - I find it easiest to buy my favorite apple cider and pour it into my regular ice cube tray! It freezes up very well and adds some thickness to the drink.
- Cinnamon - Pairs perfectly with the apple flavor.
- Cloves - Just a little ground cloves add another spiced flavor that goes so well with the apple cider and cinnamon.
- Aperol - The orange flavor from the Aperol goes perfectly with the apple cider!
- Prosecco - Just a little is added to the drink to add some fizz, but if you want to add more you could either do a floater or mix some additional into the finished drink.
- Juice of half an orange - Some fresh orange juice adds a little brightness which goes well with the Aperol.
- Ice - Helps to thicken up the drink a little bit more.
- Apple slices - I love slicing up some fresh apple to garnish the finished drink.
- Cinnamon sticks - A cinnamon stick is also a super cute garnish but is totally optional!
See recipe card below for quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
This cocktail recipe is very easy and done in just two steps!
Step 1: Blend all ingredients in a blender. Add all ingredients to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. If ice cubes aren't fully blended, remove lid from blender, stir, then continue blending until everything is blended and smooth.
Step 2: Pour drinks into glasses and garnish. Divided blended drink between two chilled coupe glasses. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks if desired and enjoy immediately.
Tips for Making this Drink
- It's important to use frozen apple cider otherwise this drink will be too thin. I find it easiest to pour the cider into a standard size ice cube tray and let it freeze for a few hours.
- Since this drink is frozen, it's also important to measure each of the ingredients otherwise it may end up being too watery if too much alcohol is added.
- If you're blender isn't super strong you can blend everything first then add the ice at the end which may make it easier for your blender to thoroughly combine everything until it's smooth.
Yes! Think of it kind of like a simmer pot where the orange flavor pairs so well with the apple flavor. The spices also tie them together so nicely!
The frozen apple cider cubes and the ice cubes are necessary to making this a thick enough frozen drink, so something is needed to blend everything together. I haven't tried this method, but if you don't have a blender I think a food processor might work! If you try that out let us know how it goes.
If you don't want to add the prosecco to the blender, then I recommend either stirring it in after blending everything else, or pouring the drinks in larger glasses and topping them with prosecco floats.
Storing and Freezing
This frozen drink can be made in advance but you'll want to immediately pop it in the freezer if you aren't serving it right away. Once you're ready to serve it, remove it from the freezer and if it's very frozen let it thaw until it's pourable again, then stir until it's evenly combined and smooth.
If you make this recipe we would absolutely love if you left a star review and/or comment! Also, make sure to tag us on Instagram @doublethespoonfuls so we can see what you create.
Apple Cider Slushie
- 4 cups frozen apple cider cubes (about 16 standard cubes)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves ground
- 6 ounces Aperol
- 2 ounces prosecco
- juice of half an orange
- 1½ cups ice (about 6 standard cubes)
- apple slices for garnish
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. If ice cubes aren't fully blended, remove lid from blender, stir, then continue blending until everything is blended and smooth.4 cups frozen apple cider cubes, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon cloves, 6 ounces Aperol, 2 ounces prosecco, juice of half an orange, 1½ cups ice
- Divided blended drink between two chilled coupe glasses. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks if desired and enjoy immediately.apple slices, cinnamon sticks